Our paid membership includes participation in our monthly themes photo challenge. Voting is decided on by the members, and points are awarded for first through fifth place — with a Photographer of the Year chosen at the end of the year!
2021 Challenge Rules
- You must be a paid member to enter the monthly photo challenge. This is one of the benefits of being a paid member.
- Only one digital image per photographer will be accepted each month. A Dropbox link will be posted each month for submitting your image. Images should be submitted by 9 pm the night before the meeting to ensure it will be included at the meeting.
- All images entered in the challenge must be your own work. Any club member who violates this rule will be banned from the club.
- Images entered in the challenge should be no older than two years old. The goal of the challenge is to get us out there shooting, not searching through our archives.
- All images entered in the challenge must be original single file images. Composites, merged images, and focus stacking are ineligible.
- You must be present at the meeting to enter your image in the challenge. However, we will allow members to miss one meeting during the year and still submit an image for that meeting.
- Points will be rewarded for first through fifth place, and at the end of the year, the club member with the most points will win our annual Photographer of the Year award. The Photographer of the Year will win $100!
- For Zoom meetings, we will provide an email address so that members attending online will be able to vote, and the winning images will be announced after the meeting.
Previous Photographer of the Year Winners
2020: Emi Dragoi
2019: Gerald Smith
2018: Bob Kelley
2017: Mike Sussman